Qualified Safety Staff
Each member of our permanent safety field staff is credentialed to teach OSHA 10 & 30 hour construction courses, OSHA Partnership Electrical Transmission & Distribution 10 & 20 hour courses, Crosby Rigging, Crane Signals, Basic Life Support and First Aid courses. We are also able to conduct in-house training for the majority of our safety training needs such as Confined & Enclosed Space Entry, Traffic Control, Fall Protection and Excavations to name a few. With over a dozen full time staff members supplemented by site specific contracted support staff, the NRE Safety Division is staffed to support the company with all of its safety related needs.
The dedicated employees of our company work hard to maintain and supply our crews with proper tools, test equipment and personal protective equipment so they can perform their jobs in a safe and efficient manner.
In addition, our corporate safety team keeps records on the following items.
- Claims – All insurance claims (i.e. property, auto, workers comp, etc.) are processed to completion through this department.
- Fleet/DOT Compliance –Both our fleet and driver files are compliant with Federal DOT Regulations. DOT Fax Number: (540) 591-3008
- Drug Testing – We are compliant with both DOT and customer specific requirements. We have a vigorous drug testing program which incorporates all employees.
- Training Records – Liaison with foremen and project managers to coordinate safety training for both in house and online. The staff accommodates individual customer training requirements.
- OSHA log and Insurance policies are maintained by the safety support staff
Staffing is evaluated on an annual basis at a minimum to ensure the company has an adequate number of supervisors and safety personnel to complete our projects in a safe and efficient manner.